Tuesday, July 27, 2010

you gotta promise to love me after this, okay?

so, i went shopping last week. and i got some half staple/half trendy stuff...and i'm gonna show them to you BEFORE my confession about them.
first up, this long vest. i am so late to the long vest train...but i LOOOOVE them. i love throwing this on with a bright colored tank and my boyfriend crop jeans and some fun earrings and feeling "dressed", but still cool in this hotter-than-hades weather.
2nd up is this black blousy top...i got it one size up so it'd be more flowy, and therefore more forgiving...and it was $10. which is bananas. plus, i love love LOVE black shirts in all forms.

soooooo....here's the confession part....it's a two-fer.
1. these things are from walmart. yes, land of rednecks and awful fashion decisions....but the vest was $12 and the top was $10 and i was stuck escaping a monsoon!!
2. not only are they from walmart....they're from miley cyrus' line with max azria. MILEY CYRUS!!!!! ugh, it hurts me even to see the labels. because a redneck girl with gums WAYYYYY too big for her mouth should not make her way in my closet EVER. but she did. damn her.

sidenote:: miley, i know your new song is "can't be tamed"....but birds are kinda tame already. so the whole wearing wings and dancing in a cage thing is kinda lame. lions need to be tamed...even wild dogs. birds...not so much.
also, excuse the awful angle on this pic....but this is the necklace i rocked with my black top today. and yes....i made it. it weight approximately 4 million lbs. or maybe like 1.5...but that's still heavy on a girl's neck!! but i loooooove it, and it's so funky and cool, so i'll do it =)

are we still cool, even with the whole miley-wear thing?? i hope so...

8 comments:

capperson said...

Really love the vest and LOVE the necklace!

Julie Leah said...

I have two CUTE tops from Miley's line. I will NEVER ever judge cute clothes, no matter who is responsible!

You look adorable :)

Claire Kiefer said...

Had NO idea Miley was making clothes . . . but I gotta admit that I love that striped vest!

The Pink Chick said...

Love your new finds! Oh and no judgment here-it doesn't matter who makes it or who sells it as long as it is cute! I found a cute cropped jacket by Miley the other day, but they didn't have my size.

Erin said...

Judge not lest ye be judged...

I own two bathing suits from Wal-Mart and a wrap dress.

Candace said...

Are you going to address your blog copy cat? You should look up the start date of that blog... Im pretty sure they copied you since I was "there" when we came up with the name for yours!

bananas. said...

i'll ignore the part about miley and say that 50 lb diy necklace of yours is superbalicious.

when do you plan on opening an etsy store?? seriously you should! you're so talented.

Salt said...

I love all of it. And I'll just pretend that you didn't just mention anything about Miley. :)