Wednesday, July 28, 2010

do i come clean?

ahhh, wednesday...so close to the weekend. also SO close to my date with level 2 of the 30-day shred....SO. SO. SCARED.

yesterday, i had a lunch/shopping date with the lovely brooke who i just happened to find in the hugely massive blog world...and turns out, she's right in my backyard!! so we went from internet friends to "real" friends...which is awesome. plus, we both got to FREAK OUT when kristen's gorgeous new son, and his oh-so-enviable name hit the blogosphere. this kid is bigger than suri cruise yo!

anyhoo, i realized....my blog is totally a secret from about 99% of my "real" friends. i don't really know why i still keep my blog life separate from my regular one...i did it for awhile because i'd talk about folks from work (over-accessorizer much?!) or i was blogging about wedding stuff i didn't want my peeps who'd be at the wedding to see. but now...

now i don't really know why i'm in the blog-closet.

i guess i just think people won't understand....i've had internet friends for YEARS. when i was in high school, i'd post on some teen AOL messageboard. and no, i did not meet pervs. then when i started planning my wedding, i was on the knot like white on rice...and some of the girls i "met" there are now really close friends! and those girls pushed me to start blogging, which is where i met all of you =)

it's so weird being the ONLY one in my circle with a blog-life...i just can't decide if i wanna keep it that way.

why do YOU blog?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

well you know in me real and internet life. I blog, and also keep it semi private from family and friends...mainly i do a vent or release, and also bc I can't stand my handwriting when I'm journaling, so this way it's readable and one day I'll get it printed in a book (for a small fee from blogspot) so Belle and baby king can look back on life past present and future.

Laura said...

Some of my friends know, and those that do, they LOVE it! One even started blogging herself. I told a few outside of my close friends and they didn't really care, which stung a little. But my biggest fear is that my coworkers will find out (maybe I should stop blogging at work...)

undomestic mama said...

A few of my family members know but not any of my "real" friends read my blog. I kind of like it that way.

Freck said...

I'm in the blog-closet as well. If someone asks me if I blog, I say kind of because I do it anonymously. I keep it private because none of my other friends blog, I don't want my coworkers reading it and some people think bloggers are odd. I don't know why because we all ROCK! I love showing different sides of my personality through posts and through who I follow, and I love reading other people's blogs with similar interests as me :) How exciting though that you met someone in real life from the blog world! Blogging.Rules.

bananas. said...

i've always been very open w/my blog but more recently the people in my "real" life have started reading it and loving it which i love. personally i think it's weird to hide it, unless your blog is private but thats just my opinion. to each their own.

Candace said...

People probably already think you're weird for having internet friends. My friends do... true story. Internet friends are great, how else would I have ever learned to appreciate vintage OTH!? But sometimes I wish my blog was more anonymous so that I could talk crap when I wanted to! =) kinda makes me want to start an anonymous blog!

Sarah said...

I am in the blog closet too - I don't know why either - I guess I am just shy!