Wednesday, May 26, 2010

looks like i gotta get my drink on

i've always seen wine work trivets, and cork boards, and all sorts of stuff...but it's not really my style. so i throw them away. but now...i have GOT to get to drinking. because i need this in my life asap.
um, for realz?! a MONOGRAMMED cork art?? that's like 2 of my favorite things...monograms, and vino. i know i have one bottle in the fridge...and 2 champagne corks on our table from new year's and something else....but clearly, i need to get moving. cuz this, with a D, in what will eventually be our dining room once my little sis takes our ugly apartment furniture we barely spent any money on?? heck yes.

if you'd like to try this our too, i got the tutorial from HERE.

and if you're a wine-o like me and wanna mail me some corks to make the process go faster, and less boozy.....

8 comments:

anna said...

i don't even drink and i love that. its great!! i have a few friends who work at the olive garden. their corking wine bottles all the time! i'll have them save them for you and send them out! :)

Freck said...

I'm sooo doing this!! I have so many corks that I just throw in a drawer in my kitchen and I love vino. Hooray! Thanks for the inspiration!

Claire Kiefer said...

I love it! I've been saving my corks without any clear plan, and this is definitely an excellent one! My initial is even C . . . gonna check out the tutorial right away. thanks!

Kathryn said...

Hi, it's Kathryn from I Can Find The Time...thank you for featuring my Monogrammed Wine Cork wall hanging! This is by far my favorite item I've made recently using the huge jar of wine corks we had saved for years.

And just for you readers...I'll share my next plan: I have a vision of a much larder wall hanging with my complete monogram "KBK" in the typical monogram style (small outer letters with large inner letter). It might be too much...or it might be freakin awesome. Better get drinking becaue I'll need about a hundered corks to do that one! *hickup* :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! Seeing as I'm the only one that drinks wine in my family it will take me forever to collect enough corks. Maybe a party is in order!? :o)

CameliaS佳宣 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brooke said...

oh how fun!!! i do like the corkboard thingys and this just makes them even more fun!!! i just wish i liked wine enough to get a big enough collection to do it!! can't wait to see how yours turns out lady!!!!

Katie said...

I'm all over this! What a perfect gift for my friend who's getting married in a few weeks!!