Wednesday, June 30, 2010

i have a serious problem....

and that problem goes by the name.....mint. green.

i can't get enough!! especially paired with grey/silver...makes me wanna get married all over again, and do EVERYTHING in mint and grey. so fresh and cool...and to me, unexpected.

oh that's right, my nails are rocking mint green right now....essie's turquoise and caicos to be exact. I. LOVE. IT. i love it even if i had to out on 3 coats instead of 2 to get the gorgeous creamy color i wanted (and now my right hand ring finger nail has little bubbles, which is arguably the most annoying thing ever.)

last night, i based my WHOLE outfit around this new ann taylor loft necklace i got for $12. white ruffle cardi, grey tank, this necklace, jeans and grey pumps. SO. STINKING. CUTE. it just seems so summery!!

and i'm still trying to find the perfect place to rock this bauble i made. chunky grey beads, and mint green ribbon. i'm thinking white tee and skinny jeans. i've had these beads for MONTHS, but the second i remembered my minty ribbon (from the dollar store!! holla!) i knew it was "mint" to be....HA! sorry, couldn't help the pun.

so what are some of your fave unexpected color combos?? seen any green and grey for me to covet?

5 comments:

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Beautiful. I just love the jewelry you make. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

um, you should make more of those and sell them on Etsy so that I can buy them! Gorg!

Salt said...

I puffy heart you so hard.
Mint green is my FAVORITE color. My wedding colors were mint and purple. And I have been told that I need to buy that exact nail polish, not only because it is fabulous green, but because of where we got married. (Turks & Caicos...Turquoise & Caicos. Awesome.)

bananas. said...

mint green is GORGEOUS!!! i was hooked at one point too.

my fav color combo is yellow and gray. never gets old to me.

ps. loving that handmade necklace of yours. you're good!

undomestic mama said...

I really like gray and green together too!