Tuesday, June 8, 2010

narrate my life, with nerdiness and awesome

let me set the scene for you:: monday afternoon. sitting at my computer during the shows i produce. browsing around the AP wires. and i see a little something something that says "science, morgan freeman" or something equally vague. because that's how the AP rolls with story titles. and so...i click. and proceed to FREAK THE EFF OUT.

because one morgan freeman, master of all things awesome, will be narrating a new show on the science channel.
doesn't this picture SCREAM "let me teach you all the wonders of the universe....plus, wear a badass earring. cuz i'm morgan freeman".

courtesy of the science channel's website, the description of the new show is "Through the Wormhole will bring together the brightest minds and best ideas from the very edges of science — Astrophysics, Astrobiology, Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, and more — to reveal the extraordinary truth of our Universe."

ummm...i don't know what a lot of those words mean...but my sci-fi nerd husband kinda wigged out when i showed him. it sounds super smart though right?? plus...IT'S MORGAN FREEMAN.

if you want to know more about the show, HERE'S the actual website from the science channel. the first episode comes on tomorrow night at 10pm, and it's about whether the idea of God is possible, or in our brains or something like that. which is SO up my ally.

cuz i'll admit...while some sci-fi stuff goes over my head...for all intents and purposes, i am a card-carrying nerd. of the loves to learn variety. give me some national geographic channel, some discovery channel, etc etc...and i will learn these crazy little facts and then spout them off for the rest of forever. making myself feel smart =)

so who's gonna watch this biznass with me??? and more importantly....how AWESOME would it be to have morgan freeman narrate your life? he's my top choice....sorry james earl jones.

2 comments:

Salt said...

If Morgan Freeman is in it, I will watch it. He could be presenting an informercial on dog diapers (or some other equally as bizarre thing) and I'd probably watch it. He is my hero.

Plus I bet he could help me understand some science things!

bananas. said...

I'll watch it...but only to listen to the soothing voice that is morgan freeman. Maybe i'll watch it before bed so i can drift off to dream land and pretend he's reading me a sci fi bedtime story.