Monday, February 22, 2010

pity party, table for 1

see this guy? he's pretty much my heart. i can't imagine life without the hubs...and thankfully, i usually don't have to.

until this week.

see, the mr. is off in vegas, as some fancy schmancy IBM conference, schmoozing with computer peeps, and hopefully making some kickass contacts that will put me on my way to trophy wife status.

but that also means for the first time since we moved in together...he's gone. for 4 days. and i'm alone. which i don't do very well.

see, i like having hayley time...but i like to be able to end it whenever i want.

i live in an old house, and it makes noises and creaks that make me paranoid there's someone coming after me...which is a little crazy, but also really freaks me out. i had a dream last night the hubs came home early and climbed into bed...it felt SO REAL. but then he wasn't there. and a thunderstorm woke me up. sucks.

and once i get good and "poor me", i realize i am being a total brat. because it's 4 days. he'll be home wednesday. and there are thousands and thousands of wives who's husbands go, and are gone for months, or years...and they have to worru about their safety EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. and i don't have that...i just have to worry about him getting enough caffeine driving home from the airport to stay alert.

i get that i'm being a total baby...and it's not like i haven't left him before. there have been plenty of girl's weekends with my friends, and bachelorette parties...which makes me feel even worse for feeling so lonely!

but don't worry...i'll be snuggling on the couch with my pups, and a season's worth of grey's anatomy on the DVR to sob through for the next few days.

7 comments:

Summer Athena said...

call a gf to come and stay the night! i would!

Candace said...

Hopefully Bo snuggles with you to make you feel safe.

bananas. said...

i'm the same way...not that i need to have someone there all the time, it's just i'm not used to it and being super paranoid (like i am) doesn't help.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Yeah, I don't like being alone either for too long!!!

The Pink Chick said...

I hope these days pass by very fast for you, and he is home in your arms before you know it!

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I think this is the first time I've ever commented on your blog -- but don't feel guilty for worrying about your husband! We're military, so I get all too well about husbands being gone for a long time...but truth be told, I cry myself to a fitful sleep whether he's gone for one night or for months on end, and whether he's gone to a class two hours away or somewhere not-so-nice. Hopefully he's made it home and you're not worrying anymore!

Unknown said...

your hubby comes home today....YEAH!!