Thursday, December 31, 2009

saying goodbye to 2009

i can't believe 2009 is thisclose to being over. done. finito. another year for the books, time to start a new year, and a new chapter.

i had A. LOT. going on in 2009. when i look back on all of it...it's kinda crazy.

i started the year an engaged lady...i'll end it as a married one. becoming Nate's wife is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me....even if it doesn't feel much different than the 2 years we lived together, and the 1 we were engaged for.

which brings me to a resolution

#1. be a kickass wife.

i know everyone says that marriage is hard work....but so far, ours hasn't been. i'd like to keep it that way....at least internally. we can never predict what the world will throw at us...but we can make our bond as strong as possible. this man makes me laugh, and works hard to stop me from crying, and pretty much spoils me rotten...so i gotta give him his props.

2009 was also the first time the hubs was EVER on a plane...and only the 2nd and 3rd times for me...and our first trip out of the country. we gotta keep that going.

#2. keep traveling

it may not be anywhere far, and our passports may stay with just atlanta and amsterdam stamps...but i wanna hit the road this spring, and go show the husband someplace he's never been. maybe somewhere we've both never been.

and last, but certainly not least,

#3. live with NO regrets.

i've made this resolution every year since i was in high school. i'm a firm believer in the fact that EVERYTHING, good and bad, happens for a reason. and finding those reasons means there's no reason to regret anything that happened. because it happened FOR. A. REASON.

so tonight, when the clock counts down and hits the beginning of a brand new year, i'll be in my living room, with the love of my life and the very best friends i have...and i'll welcome it with open arms.

bring on whatever you've got for me universe...i'm SO ready =)

5 comments:

Michelle and Mikey said...

Now those are some good resolutions!

Freck said...

I agree with the comment above, great resolutions. Especially number 3, people get so caught up in their regrets, we do things for a reason! Happy new year :)

Breanna said...

I am a new follower, Just wanted to stop by and say Hello and I look forward to reading your blog! Happy New Year and congrats on the wedding!

Breanna

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm going to work on #1 too. He deserves it! Happy new year!

Yelena said...

loving your blog.
now following.
great resolutions!! love! :)
xoxo,
LenkaLovee