Tuesday, December 22, 2009

turning into my grandmothers

right this second...i'm wearing an adorable grey and highlighter yellow striped sweater. and a long necklace that's a pewter chunk chain, and the bottom is a bunch of clear, black and grey crystals.

which brings me to the conclusion i came to last night at target.

i'm turning into my grandmothers. not my mom...she's a silver and gold, always wears the same jewlery kind of lady. so is my sis for the most part.

me...i'm a little different. which means i totally take after BOTH my grandmothers, who have boxes full of jewelry and necklaces hanging on the wall.

if it's chunky, and covered in rhinestones...i'm on it like white on rice. hence...my latest purchase, that inspired my revelation.
these are from target, for a whopping....$10. i love love LOVE them!!! they're much prettier in person....the gold is brighter, and the center stone doesn't look nearly so fakey.

i'm rocking them tomorrow for my last day of work, and my "party" with my BFF's for christmas. these babies, black sweater tee, hunter green cardi, skinny jeans and black ballet flats...SO. HOT.

any other "grandma jewels" lovers out there??

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I am a gold and silver girl except I love pearls, my grandmothers to be precise.

Freck said...

Those earrings are too cute! I used to have my staple jewelry pieces, but lately I've been branching out into more fun statement necklaces.

Unknown said...

Those are super cute!!

Ashley Pepitone said...

I am a simple jewels girl but I WISH I could be a grandma jewelery girl... I just don't have the time or the patience in the morning to think about accessories. Boo on me, I know!
Oh, and my word verification? "Blingyl" Not a real word but I think we should now use it as an adjective for anything sparkly, on the regular.

Jules said...

love those! I have a big collection of jewelry, but unfort forget to put anything on 99% of the time! shame...

Lisa said...

I love 'grandma' jewelry! Even though I have nice pieces, I wear big, chunky costume jewelry more often! I didn't see those earrings when I was at Target--I definitely have to go back and check them out!

The Pink Chick said...

I am so in love with those earrings!!