Tuesday, December 1, 2009

a little holiday love

i can't believe it's december!!! i can't believe christmas is THIS MONTH. i love me some holidays...this morning, i jammed out to the american idol christmas cd....that kelly clarkson tears up "my grownup christmas list."

i spent the weekend getting my house ready for the holidays...it's a little amateur, but until i actually have a dining room table and a nice upstairs....this will have to do.

that man on the tv is a storm chaser. but he's not as cool as reed timmer. who i didn't know exisited until the hubs and i got sucked into a 4 hour storm chasers marathon on discovery.

but back to the task at hand....i finally decided to rock out our mantle for the holidays. our officiant and his wife (who i LOOOOOVE, and pretend are my in-laws since my MIL is...lets just say less than desirable) gave us the candlesticks in the middle last time we visited them. DC is a ROCKSTAR when it comes to scoring deals at flea markets and such....those sticks are all crystal, not glass. CRYSTAL. and she got them all for like...$15 or something insane. one day she will teach me her ways...

the fat silver candlesticks? i got those FREE like 3 years ago from ulta, it was one of those "free with any $30 fragrance purchase" or something....i still love em.\

once we get our tree all situated...i'll get a picture with my actual camera...

and what goes best with holiday decorations??

THESE.

omg ya'll....i love love LOVE these bad boys.

they have tiny crunchies on the outside....TINY. CRUNCHIES.

they're like junior mints' better looking, cooler, captain of the cheerleading squad cousin. if they were in "glee"....they'd be puck. and regular junior mints would be finn. they're good...but not as good. or delicious.

6 comments:

bananas. said...

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas...and i LOVE it!!! keep it coming with these posts. YESSUM!

The Pink Chick said...

OMG! I had no idea they made peppermint jr. mints! I love jr. mints, so I definitely must find these! Yummy! Your mantle looks great!!! Love your Christmas decor so far!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think you did a fabulous job. I would love to have a mantle like that!

katherinebee said...

I'm embarrassed, but I was just at the store and looked for said amazing Junior Mints and couldn't find them! New life mission to find them.

Summer Athena said...

crunchies??? No way!

thank you for your sweet loving comment to me. tarred and feathered made me laugh!

mrs.mfc said...

My goodness- I MUST try those junior mints!!!