Thursday, September 2, 2010

i need some space from the hubs

no, not like real deal, move out space....i need some bed space!!!

i know that a majority of you ladies are either in a relationship, or married...so suffice it to say, most of us have shared a bed with a boy.

and i don't know about you...but i'm all for the sleepytime snuggletime and everything...but after that....i want the bed to myself!!

it doesn't help we're hardly living large when it comes to our sleeping arrangements.

this is our bed, in our old townhouse. i LOVE the way it looks, i love that it's solid cherry, i love that my grandmother gave it to me and it's at least 60 years old....but i do NOT love how small it is!! it's a full-size....but an awkard full, since it's so old, i think it was before beds were standard sizes.

when i was living at home, it was perfect for me....i could sleep on my one side, and sprawl if i wanted to.

now, the hubs elbows me IN THE FACE at least once a week, sometimes once a night, because he's all arms and legs and joints and pointy, not padded at all man parts.

plus, he's a bed hog. now, i'll admit...when it gets cold, i'm a straight up blanket ninja...i'll have the whole thing stolen to my side in no time flat, without ever uncovering myself...leaving him to fend for himself.

but that's just temperature, not real estate!!! i don't like waking up in the middle of the night, feeling like i'm gonna topple off my side of the bed (and into the giant stack of magazines that one day will actually make it to the recycling bin).

eventually, we'll be buying a new house, and this will probably become the guest bedroom bed....even though it's heavy as all get out, i can't bear to NOT have it with me, it's too pretty!!

anybody got any tricks for keeping the hubs to his side of the bed, short of straight-jacketing him so his stupid elbows stay away from my pretty mug?

what do you hate most about sleeping with boys?

7 comments:

Abbey said...

I love that bed!! We have twin beds with similar wooden frames and they are my favorite.

Salt said...

The key to our happy marriage (at least in my opinion) is the fact that we have a king sized bed. I cannot stand being touched when I'm sleeping. Now my hubs is all the way over on his side and I'm on mine and it's almost like having my own bed. It's WONDERFUL.

Anonymous said...

We have a king size bed, but my husband still ends up right next to me with his leg sprawled over me. I constantly wake up and nudge him over! I try to explain it to him, he finds nothing wrong with it =)

Erin said...

The only solution to this is a king sized bed, even queen wasn't big enough for my liking. I like my space. I don't want anyone touching or breathing on me.

In all honesty, I go to bed in the middle of the bed and leave him clinging to the ledge. That way, as he bullies me to the other side, I'm actually on "my" side. I am also very vengeful and mean in the middle of the night, so I throw his own limbs on his face and shove him with all of my might. Yes. I have space issues.

Hope it improves!

Candace said...

OMG! YOURE BOTH IN A FULL!?!? You poor thing!

SkinnyMeg said...

First thing i bought when we moved into our house was a super king sized bed! We were in a queen before and I seriously couldn't handle it. BUY A NEW BED NOW :)

bananas. said...

dave is a bed hog too.

he'll have all this extra space on his side but still scoot his behind over to mine, almost always pushing me off the bed.