Friday, April 13, 2012

how do you say "awesomest wife ever" in spanish??

so, the hubs and i are still on the gym train. and yes, i still hate it. BUT i've also been trying to find some delicious and healthy recipes for us to try. no, we will NOT be going all health-nut, cuz i'm southern and i'd probably actually perish without fried things and butter and sweets and whatnot. 

anyhoo....so, i found this recipe on pinterest.
see, doesn't that look delish?? it also looked almost identical to this amazing soup i used to order from a mexican place next to work. and then the place moved. and now they're up the street from me BUT OH MY LORD THE SERVICE IS THE WORST OF ANY PLACE ON THE PLANET. soooo...i don't get it often. or ever. cuz that place makes me want to go into a full-on cheese-dip-fueld homicidal rampage.
oh, what is that you ask?

THAT IS THE VERSION I MADE AND WANT TO MARRY BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH I MIGHT ACTUALLY WANT TO MAKE IT EVERY WEEK FOREVER AND EVER.

and it totally tasted the SAME as the restaurant's recipe. minus the fact that it wasn't really spicy, but i think next time i'll add a chopped jalapeno.

someone else needs to make this asap to we can bond over how ridiculously amazing it is....we'll be soup sister wives. and our polygamist husband will be a bowl of soup. if that doesn't scream hit reality show, I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gah! that looks amazeballs

Claire Kiefer said...

Is it tortilla soup? YUM! I loooooove tortilla soup, but I can't eat it out at most places cause they almost always use chicken broth and I'm vegetarian. But I've made it at home and it's SO GOOD! Unfortunately I think my favorite part is the fried tortilla strips ha! Nonetheless, yummy!

Try 101 Cookbooks for healthy recipes. I love her!