Wednesday, October 5, 2011

i hope paula deen doesn't take my southern card away

you can learn all sorts of things off the internet....the daily slutiness of your favorite actor. the lyrics to that song you've always been singing wrong.

 and best of all....things to cook. and how to cook them.

now, what i have to tell you about my latest culinary endeavor HAS to stay between us. because i have a certain southern sensibility to maintain...along with being able to drink bourbon like water, and make biscuits from scratch with no sort of measuring whatsoever...i also have a natural affinity for fried things. savory things, sweet things...i dig it all. but last night...last night i did the unthinkable.

you see...i put bacon IN THE OVEN.

not in the frying pan, not full of spattering grease and filling my house with wafting smell of cooked pig for the next 2 or 3 days.

that's the best part actually...NO BACON SMELL!! cuz you know...that smell is awesome when you're waiting to eat the bacon. but once you've had the bacon, and then you wake up the next morning and you still sorta smell bacon...but not really. it's just....weird.

so, i slapped those strips on a pan lined with foil, and popped them in the oven. turned it on to 400, and 15 minutes later i had delicious crispy bacon, no smell...AND no pan to clean. amazing stuff.



and in case you were wondering, the bacon was PERFECT on this crockpot potato soup. easiest meal EVER.

plus, it had bacon, so bonus points there.

just don't tell paula, okay?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Genius!!

Unknown said...

I totally agree about the smell. This is pure genius!

Sarah Wyland said...

I baked bacon (saying that makes me giggle) the other day too! I've actually done it a couple of times now. I think I might prefer it. But you can't tell Paula. Or my mother. :)

bananas. said...

baked bacon...I LOVE IT!!!

totally copying you and not paula d. from now on.

busanalayali said...

Thank you for sharing this information to us...

busana muslim