Friday, August 14, 2009

need your opinions...AGAIN!!

as you know, i am on the hunt for a shower dress and a rehearsal dress to go with these beauties.

what??? no i am NOT gratuitously posting pics of my beloved shoes...i would NEVVVVEERRRR do that.

anyways.


so this here grey dress is from j. crew. all of $60. love the jersey...and i feel like i could really dress it up with pearls and my shoes and a fun hat (for my tea party shower) or dressed down post wedding and rocked with sandals or flip flops next summer...or even with boots and a cardigan when it finally cools down.

but it's final sale....so if i get it, i keep it.

and this white maggy london is on sale for $55 from nordstrom. this would be my rehearsal dress, also jersey material....i love the swoop neckline, and the v-back...and it's funky enough to be cute my planned peacock feather fascinator....

but it's a bubble hem, and i'm a tall girl and i don't wanna look like a giant 15 year old...

so, do i bite the bullet and order them and be done with my dress shopping, 64 days before the wedding? or do i keep looking? the jersey materials will make them MUCH easier to rewear....but does it make them too casual? can i get away with jersey for a rehearsal?

help me out girls....you're always so smart with this stuff when i second-guess myself!

13 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

I love the look of the black with those GREAT shoes! I like the white too, I just think the black looks super sharp!

Meredith said...

i have to ask where did you get those shoes!! i'm looking for a pair for my brother's wedding!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

meredith, they're from kate spade...they're still on her website, but they only have 10's...and i paid a pretty penny for them =)

Summer Athena said...

this is hard, doll.

i kinda love the white bc you are a bride and well, you said something about peacock feathers.

but then again -- the black...hmmm.

i am still leaning towards the white. and get a statement necklace?

Freck said...

I vote black and go ahead and get it now. Make sure you keep the receipt and return it if you find something better. If you can't return it,then hey, you'll have an extra, cute dress on hand!

Jin said...

I also vote for the black - for some reason, I thought it was gray, and gray would look really fab with cobalt blue shoes and a fascinator. Have you checked Dillards or Nordstrom online to check what they've got?

No to the white. You're wearing it on your wedding day.

Jin said...

I'm an idiot. The dress is gray and you've already checked nordstrom.

Happiness Is... said...

I personally say to keep looking....both are cute, but you don't seem IN LOVE with either (it sounds, to me, like you might be settling) - I could tell you wanted/needed/had to have those shoes...but I am not convinced with the dress!

If it matters, I think it is okay to only wear your rehearsal dinner dress once. Practical? No. But I think it's okay. I bought my outfit knowing I'd probably never need to be that dressed up again.

I do like both dresses, but I get the sense you might post next week with a new one you wish you could have, too :)

That's just my sense, though!

Erin said...

I'm voting a definite yay for the white RD dress, but the gray is kind of bleh, in my opinion. I say keep looking for something you looooove and MUST have, and not settle for something that will "do."

Anonymous said...

I am loving me some white dress, not to mention those fab shoes. Great choice. Happy Friday to you! Have a great weekend!

The Pink Chick said...

I adore the white dress! Both are really cute though!

Ashley said...

I would def. rock the white dress! You are the bride after all right?!?! I love that one and it is never too early to do the shopping. Just think that is one more thing to check off your list to do before the big day! :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Angel said...

Hayley, I'm going to tell you what you told me... "Wear whatever you want!" Doesn't matter what color it is,or what material, and besides, if anyone can rock the "tall 15 year old" look, it's you :)