Tuesday, August 18, 2009

making lemons out of lemonade


what is that you ask? MY. FRONT. DOOR.
apparently, some punk criminals decided to kick our front door in sometimes yesterday between 9am and 12:45pm. thank goodness, all they stole was our 37 inch flatscreen, and a laptop.
the genius part? they stole the cable box remote, but NOT the cable box...or the actual remote for the tv.
and the laptop? only works when it's plugged in the wall...where they left the power cord.
it sucks...but it honestly sucks the least it could. my pup is fine, all my jewelry is still there, all of the boys guns and our big upstairs computer and the other tv and our wedding bands...all still there.
and now i'm trying to figure out the best brass polish to use, because our new steel reinforced front door is sad and bare right now...and i'm polishing up our pretty house numbers and the old knocker for the new door...
and i'm totally plotting craft projects with the door pieces....cuz the wood is reddish, but the paint is glossy black...which means it will totally tie in with my cherry wood and black mirror and jewelry armoir in the bedroom.

10 comments:

Freck said...

Oh my goodness how scary!! I'm glad everyone is okay!

Taryn said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you - but it definitely sounds like it good have been worse (thank God it wasn't!).

Erin said...

Sorry, Hayley. =( But now you can re-do the numbers on your door and use a real "2" instead of an upside-down "5!" ;o) Hope the insurance comes through quickly.

Happiness Is... said...

I am so sorry to hear about this...what a mess! However, I am glad that they left some things. Sounds like it could have been worse.

Candace said...

They seriously did kick in your door. They must have gotten scared if that's all they went for. You may be able to call local pawn shops and give them the details to see if anyone has come in.

CTB said...

Oh no! I'm glad it wasn't worse!

The Pink Chick said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I am glad everyone is okay and that they only got away with a few things! You poor thing!

Summer Athena said...

holy crap. my goodness. so glad that is all they took but still...so violating. i hope those crooks get what they deserve.

Ashley said...

Omg!!! I had no idea that happened to you. I am glad everything is ok with you and everyone else. How scary! I am glad they left a lot of your stuff alone. Sometimes you would think people would steal stuff and take all the parts that go with it...idiots.

Preppy Coastee said...

OMG How scary! Thank God you weren't home who knows what they would have done. I'm so sorry that happened to you.